Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Joy and the Pain

Good morning. Ummm...I mean afternoon.

Well, my first official demo went great. Most people were paying attention and laughing and learning.

Plus, I got 2 sales. They weren't big ones, but one was paid in full.

Not bad for my first time.

When I was done I felt like I was high, or something.

So, when I got home Dave (who will be starring in the Loaf movie) kidnapped me and took me to his place to party.

Ouch. I'm paying for it, today.

But I got to see him drink a mix of Jaeger, Gatorade, Jack D, Ketchup, Soda and I forget what else. (You should know the outcome of that mixture)

I've been watching my shorts and here's what I realized:

Spawn's music has taken them to a whole new level. Perhaps someone watching them might actually see what's really going on underneath the goofiness of Eatings and Vending. I won't come right out and say what they are, but there really are some serious points being made in both of those. But to the casual viewer, they're supposed to be fun.

And the other two, which consist of raw, uncut footage have transformed into creepiness.

Avant-Garde

There ya go. It's actually art, now.

Thanks, Spawn. I didn't have time to make credits, but I listed you on my entry form synopsis' by saying: Original Music by: Brainshift. So, if any are selected, you get some recognition. Without you, they would suck shit.

So here are the synopsis' of the films:

Seasons Eatings:

A man takes out his aggressions on his Christmas tree and the tree doesn't appreciate that.
Shot on Super-8 mm.
Original Music by: Brainshift

I Was a Teenage Vending Machine:

The title says it all.
Shot on Super-8mm.
Original Music by: Brainshift

Forest:

A humanoid porpoise dreams of being a devilled egg, dreaming of filming a movie in a forest....I think.
Raw Footage. Shot on Super-8mm.
Original Music by: Brainshift

Graveyard:

Some kinda monster trying to kill some guy. It's the worst chase scene ever filmed.
Raw Footage. Shot on Super-8mm.
Original Music by: Brainshift

Nix says: That's all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Dude, I really appreciate it. I just hope something gets selected. For everyone's sake.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home