Thursday, February 17, 2005

Friends.

Back in the day.....(Yes, I'm going into that whole "I'm older than the people I hang out with." thing.)....I would shoot a film and then cut it by hand and then re-cut it to fit the tune. Hours upon hours of work.

You'd think working on a computer would speed things up, but you would be wrong.

Here's the point:

I wanted to enter the TromaDance NY Film Fest. So I pulled out my old Super-8 shorts. I called Yoda and he transferred them to comp files.

Then I called Spawn and he spent a whole fucking day coming up with new music. (This involves pausing and rewinding a shitty VHS copy over and over.)

THEN, I took the music files and the visual files to Joe, who sync'd them up (which also took forever).

So.....what's the point?

I really appreciate everyone taking time out of their lives to make my stupid little movies look and sound better than they deserve.

Hopefully, at least one will be selected to be shown.

Nix says: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You have no idea how much this means to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home