Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Good Point

This was emailed to me by a close friend:

"If you don't want to intentionally hurt someone, watch what you say. If you are going to talk about someone behind their back, imagine that everything you say will get back to that person. It might change the words that come out of your mouth knowing that they will get back to the person under discussion. To not intentionally hurt people, you must have the ability to put yourself in their shoes. You have to stop being "YOU" for a moment and be them. Imagine how you would feel if the roles were reversed. It's one thing to be yourself, and another thing entirely to be a good human. Life can be more fulfilling when you put others first."

A very well thought out and good string of thoughts.
However.....
This all began with me not even talking bad about a particular living person. Just stating my opinions on a deceased one who is well documented in history. Fuck, I rip on Christians more than I would this Crowley guy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And it wasn't like I walked up to this guy and pointed my finger in his face and berated him for his belief. True, had I realized that the person I stated it in front of was a member of the same belief system I would have held my tongue a bit. But I've had asshole religious nuts pointing their finger in my face AT WORK, and I handled it as best as I could. I WANTED to beat the living shit out of them, but I also realized that they are entitled to their own opinion.
So, I guess the point is......I wasn't talking shit about someone in particular who then heard about it through someone else. I was talking shit about a psuedo-famous or infamous person from the past and someone heard about it and took an immediate dislike to me.
Sweet tap-dancing jesus! This whole situation is a fucking ridiculous nothing.

Nix says: I love the world so much that I have to destroy it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quilled One said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home