Thursday, October 21, 2004

Road Werk

Still trapped in fucking Utah. What's up with these Mormons?
Actually, I know what's up, since I actually was one for some months in my "youth" (yeah, I'm still stressed about turning 30 in a few days)
There is nothing to do in Logan. Salt Lake is a couple hours away. And Idaho has nothing, either.
Remember that post about how girls are actually starting to look at me different? Well, here's a prime example.
I walked over to Macey's to buy some watered down beer (only 3% as opposed to 5). I was checking out and there was a girl that, I guess was supposed to be the "bagger". Somehow we got involved in a conversation that continued after it was time for me to leave. It all ended with a strange silence where we were both looking in eachothers eyes. Almost as if she was waiting for me to ask her what she was doing after work (since the focus of our conversation was about what there was to do in Logan). I gave a nervous-type smile and excused myself. The two guys I'm travelling with gave me some shit about it. But this is my thinking:
I'm not looking for a one night stand. I'm not even looking for a relationship. I'm not even looking. If I happen to stumble upon a worthwhile woman....fine. But a pointless nothing is not what I need.
Anyway. Must wrap this up.

Nix says: She was cute, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home