Monday, October 25, 2004

*He stretches and relishes being home...for once*

3 weeks is a long fucking time to be on the road. This is the only time I've been glad to be back in Misery.
First order of business:
I have completed the first draft of the Wicked Wildflower/Bug Juice co-production of "Night of the Living Loaf (Beat the Meat)!!
I finished it on our 20 hour drive back home and am ready to explode. I made many changes: additions/subtractions and feel there are some very funny things that we're gonna do. It's still a very, very rough draft with minimal dialogue but the major scenes and actions are done. Now the real work begins....
Second order of business: Unfortunately, I have lost internet contact with Nikki. Perhaps there are further computer problems or whatever. But I miss having conversations with her and am reticent to call without knowing if she is home or not. (Calling cards are not cheap.) Spawn thinks I'm nuts for even caring. And I understand his position. She's all the way in Canada. But she makes me feel happy and fulfilled just by sharing info about eachother. Perhaps I never will actually meet her in person, but....perhaps I will have made a very good friend in the end. But hell, I spent a year in Canada. She's already wanted to come down to see me, so...I dunno.
Fuck it. I'd just like to be able to continue to talk with each other. That would be just wonderful. Perhaps (and there's that word, again...I think it's funny. You all should say it out loud a few times.) I will just go ahead and call anyway. No harm done for a one minute "not there* call.
Tomorrow is my fucking birthday. I am torn. On the one hand there is a gathering planned with a lot of new people I can't wait to meet. (which is sweet considering last year I got to do nothing) And on the other, I'm GONNA FUCKING BE 30 GODDAMN YEARS OLD!!!!
However I feel, I can't stop it.
Remember turning 16? "Yay!!! I can drive!!!
18? "Yay!!! I can smoke!!!
21? "Yay!!! I can drink!!!
Guess what comes after that, boys and girls?
25: "Hmm. I'm a quarter of a century old. Damn.
30: "Holy fuck. I'm an old mother-fucker. All the music on the radio that was considered "rock" in my early teens is now on the easy-listening station. I'm fucking gonna die soon.

Nix says: Maybe being a lone wolf won't be so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home