Sunday, February 11, 2007

Full Disclosure.

Well, shit. That DM vid I put up that I thought was so fucking cool because they only used the story-boards...It was the video with out the goddamn CGI. I just found the completed vid, so I'm gonna have to put it up. It's a good song, so it's not that bad to re-post, but still... here, take it.



I still like it without all the douche-bag CGI, but it's not a bad vid.

Anyway (there's that fucking word, again.), discovered a new band that's pretty cool called Luce. Here's how it happened. John, Tony and Kathy all hated Snow Patrol. They then proceeded to hate Depeche Mode. Then they hated God Lives Underwater. Look, we're not playing music for people in their 50's. These are younguns and don't want fucking disco. John's brilliant plan was to play some hard-core shit which would most likely have curse words and alienate more mellow people. Jesus fucking christ. Finally, we had Matchbox 20 and then Kathy slid in Luce, which I really liked. So, here's a couple vids and accompanying lyrics. (The only ones I could find, easily.) I think they kinda make me think of how happy I am with Jess. My suggestion is to listen as the music plays and read the lyrics and if you feel like it, watch the vids, later. Maybe it's my hearing or the "ear buds", but I found it hard to make out the words.



Lyrics for "Good Day" by Luce

Good Day
by Luce
album:
Well I wake up to a sky so blue
With my girlfriend in the other room
Got the coffee on, the pancakes done
The cat's sleeping outside in the sun

The tv sings its morning blues
And it’s all the same with all the news
But she walks up, smiles, kisses me
And says "your coffee’s done".

Then starts singing.
Yeah yeah yeah
She is singing.

"it’s a pretty good day.
I’m lookin’ forward to tomorrow
to have a pretty good day".
Yeah yeah yeah

Well it’s a pretty good day
I’m looking forward to tomorrow
We’ll have a pretty good day
Yeah we’ll have a good day.

So I lace my boots up and step outside
Catch a cab because my car died
And I go to work with my friend Dan
Painting houses the best we can

On my way back home I try and mix it up
Walk halfway then take a bus
And as it pulls up and the doors open
I hear the bus driver say step up please

Step up. And I’m singing
Yeah yeah yeah
And I’m singing yeah yeah yeah yeah
Some guy looks over and says ‘how ya doin’?’

I say Well it’s a pretty good day
I’m looking forward to tomorrow
I’ll have a pretty good day
Yeah yeah yeah

Well it’s a pretty good day
I’m looking forward to tomorrow
I’ll have a pretty good day
Yeah I’ll have a good day

And through the window
There’s a whole world
And I’m watching all the people
All the faces and the places I have yet to go

And the sunshine now it’s fading
And my girlfriend she is waiting
And I bet that she’s outside
Sleeping in the shade

Cause it’s a pretty good day
I’m looking forward to tomorrow
I’ll have a pretty good day
Yeah yeah yeah

Well it’s a pretty good day
I’m looking forward to tomorrow
I’ll have a pretty good day
Yeah, I’ll have a good day

It’s a good day
Yeah yeah
It’s a good day

Nix says: Every day is a good day, when you're with me.

And here's a cute little one. It actually makes me want to get a fucking dog, and anyone that knows me, knows I'm a cat guy. This song is so damn beautiful, though. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Jess. Not to scare you, again, but I feel very strongly that there is a reason we're together, again. And I could listen to this over and over and still be a teary bitch. I love you.



Lyrics for "Buy A Dog" by Luce

had a dream it was a good dream you were there and so was I, we were so happy I did not want to open up my eyes and we were driving down a road it was a long one there were signs all over saying the signs said, "welcome to your life" I looked over and you were smiling you had a great big smile going then you turned to me, you turned and you said "all your life I got ur back"

so if you want to try we'll make it you and I we'll never be alone we'll buy a dog and bring him home he'll jump up on the bed we'll be the best of friends I think that we should try just picture you and I...

I had another dream I know you think how convienent but I swear it's the truth we were there, I was me and you were you, we had a good long life on this planet when we died we went to heaven and saw that god was really Elvis! anyway, our souls were in the right place our souls were in the right place..

so if you want to try well make it you and I we'll never be alone we'll buy a dog and bring him home he'll jump up on the bed we'll be the best of friends I think that we should try just picture you and I...

and we'll take him on walks with us everyday (underneath the summer sun) he can ride in the back of our car when we go away with his head outside of the window frame and his tongue out,

(Chorus)

it's a miracle that we're even here and alive
let's buy a dog and bring him home.


Nix says: I love you so much, baby.

1 Comments:

Blogger nut job said...

Luce is a good band, but one of those one hit wonder things. I think Good Day is one of my happy songs. No matter what mood i was in before, before it's over i got a big smile.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home