Monday, January 30, 2006

No Effing Way

I wish this were a joke. I really, truly and fully hoped that this was a joke.

If you read my Darkness Falls review, you might remember me saying something like "Too bad Thor wasn't in it." That was my reference to one of the films writer/director John Fasano (he co-wrote DF) had been involved in. "Rock 'n Roll Nightmare"

Now, that is a difficult movie to find, as it has only been available on a late '80's VHS that I believe is very discontinued.

One Jon Mikl Thor starred in that..ummm...movie? He was lead singer of a band called, well, Thor. But in the movie he's John Triton and his movie band is, The Tritonz. Imagine that. Awful movie. It is being released on DVD, finally, this year. I will have to get a copy.

But that's not the thing that blew my fucking mind.

I was flipping through the recent issue of Rue Morgue magazine and discovered this: There's a fucking sequel. A goddamn sequel!

Shot in 2005, on video, JMThor is back as...The Intercessor! None of you will know what the hell an "intercessor" is, as you've probably never seen RNRNightmare. But, holy cow! I can't freakin' believe this! AND THEY'RE PLANNING A THIRD! *Nix slits his own throat*

RNRN contains the most unbelievable plot twist in history. I can't wait for the DVD, so I can properly review it.

Anyway, I was looking at the layout of my den and thinking about what would happen if I actually brought some female back, who wanted to play. I imagine it would go something like this:

Nix: "Well, here we are. *opens door* Oh, let me move this wheelchair into the kitchen. Oops, all these blankets are overkill, too. Here, let me get all of these horror DVD's out of the way and also kick the large bag of erotic vhs tapes I inherited from working at a video store, under the futon. Watch out for that hatchet. It's sharp. Oh, and the gun is fake, but the surgical shears are real, as well as that circular-saw blade. And all the video cameras laying around aren't turned on. *she runs for her life* Damn."

Props for movies that haven't happened and cameras for them could, quite possibly, give the wrong impression. But I think that's fucking hilarious. I'll have to do something about that.

Well, it's my one day off and I'm off to do some serious movie watching.

Nix says: "I'll get you next time!" (The very stiff satan puppet from RNRN)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home