Monday, March 06, 2006

No. Oh, Fuck, NO!

"Everyday I think of you, but you're never coming home." GLU

In Memory of David Reilly 1971-2005

"So many times I heard you speak my mind.

As I was dragged into my own darkness, your voice pulled me back into existence.

Thank you for the painful rebirth." NIX

Ladies and gentlemen. David Reilly is no more. The genius of God Lives Underwater left this world in October of 2005. And I just found out. Stupid, stupid me. He was in a constant battle with addiction, which caused the break-up of GLU, but had finally really gotten himself back in order and started making music, again. He and Jeff Turzo, the other half of GLU, even did a song together on Davids' solo album.

I'm the only big GLU fan I know of in my group of friends, so I don't expect anyone to understand what I'm feeling right now. Daves' lyrics really spoke to me and I heard myself and he helped me see myself. After all, I admit I let things take over my life, as well.

David died clean and sober and we're all very proud of him. Life's a fucking big fuck in the asshole, though, isn't it? You go through all that shit and then you get rewarded with THIS!! (I'm sorry. I'm just retardedly emotional, right now and feeling really dumb. I'm fucking crying, goddammit. Stupid, stupid stupid.)

I feel like, even though his words and music still exist, something's missing in the world.

Life goes on without you, Dave, but it will never be the same.

"I know it sounds insane, but things happen for a reason, if only to give you insight into illness." David Reilly

Nix says: Sorry I sound so stupid.

4 Comments:

Blogger nut job said...

I'm sorry to hear that some one you looked up to has passed on. It's always hard to hear that anyone you knew or cared about has died (even if you didn't actually know him personally). Just remember that this life isn't the end for our existance. He will live on, not only in your memory but his energy is finding new enlightenment. So take some comfort in that.

Death is only hard on those who are left behind.

5:28 AM  
Blogger DelorumRex said...

fuck bro.. sorry.. here I was all going to say some smack shit about a post I put up ref; ToA and I come here and find out that life has shit on ya.. well fuck.. I hope that you can find some solice in the whole fucked up mess..

Well fuck it.. I hope that I have helped in some small way by immoraly promoting ToA..

Life's an ass fuck then you die.
(bring on the sand bastards!)

10:38 AM  
Blogger DelorumRex said...

hey you no bloggin' slacker! WHAZZUP?!?!?
Good to hear abotu ToA getting so many hits.. I am teling you do a revuew of somthing with the word tammy in it.. 10,000 hits a week guaranteed..
I can;t believe how many sick biotches coem to my site lookin for tammy's t&A

WAIT a tick.. ? ToA... T&A.. see the best ToA at TAMMYNYP central.. adn make the link point at ToA? Only mildly deceptive??
Or how about a post that reads.. go here (link to toA or I will coem to your house and fuck your mommy!)
I kinda like that one too.

10:36 AM  
Blogger DelorumRex said...

WHY GOD?!?!?! CAN'T I TYPE AND GODDAMIT!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home