Friday, June 17, 2005

Our Troops. (Is that spelled right?)

Well, I finally got web access on my 'top. I had many other things I wanted to talk about, but....

I took the 'top down to Bennigans, had a few beers (and, yes, I really mean "a few"), wrote more Loaf and watched everyone around me.

Let's just get to it, shall we?

I went outside to smoke, before the walk back to the hotel. I ended up talking to a guy and 2 girls. One of which was in her camo. They were on their way to Iraq, again.

It was 2 a.m. and they were searching for a way to purchase beer. This is Irving, TX. No way. I happened to have 3 at my hotel, so invited them over.

Fuck, let's cut the bullshit. This girl. The one in the camo's. She was brilliant. Beautiful. I looked in her eyes and I desperately wanted her not to go. Same for the other girl and guy. They were all a lot of fun to hang with.

Good luck, guys. Maybe we'll meet in another shitty Texas town, someday.

Nix says: I hope the flight fills up before they can get on, like they were hoping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Quilled One said...

Yeah, I wish a lot of people didn't have to go overseas to possibly die myself.

God speed to them.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home