Monday, October 30, 2006

PHONE Room?

The above title does not properly express the intonation that makes it funny. For the proper delivery, see or talk to me in person. But it makes me laugh.

So, I'm doing ok in Texican town. I've made a little over 20 grand in 2 days, for the company (and only on paper). However, we seem to be getting quite a few "paid in full"s, and that's fucking cool.

But, damn! It's been the most chaotic fucking 2 days I've ever seen. We're having so many couples that it's taking us right up to the start of the next show to get done. And we're back to doing 3 shows on the weekend. I am SO looking forward to sleeping in, tomorrow, and only having 1 show to do at night. Hopefully, we can keep up the momentum and kick the shit out of Mr. Tuck In Your Sweater.

Interestingly, (for those in the know) that fucker did a show in blue-jeans after he saw John do one in them. hahahahahahah! I just did all my shows in jeans with a nice shirt and my beautiful black VANS and rocked the fucking house.

Seriously, the 3 shows I did today, were probably my best yet and I made great sales on top of that. I keep saying: "If I don't feel comfortable, how can the audience feel comfortable?" Looks like looking "professional" doesn't mean shit, as proven by John and his crazy fucking shirts (that he does not tuck in).

I think it also has to do with who is with me to close.

TJ would always tell me not to say "hell". Fuck that. If an audience is not cool with very slight cursing, then I tone it down. If they're ready and willing to have fun and put down those shields they come in with, then we have fun.

TJ would say I thought I could read minds and shit. No. I read people. It's my fucking job.

So with how uptight he was and how often he would walk in and fuck up my show by talking on the phone or constantly messing with shit (crinkling paper, coming up front to adjust the A/C, and just distracting the audience) I did a totally different demo.

Granted, we did a fuck-load of sales and he is a great closer. However, by being able to just make the demo fully mine, I've been doing just fucking fine, thank you.

I really wish I could keep Jeff as my closer. But I'm pretty sure he'll have to go back to Tommy and I'll be back with tattle-tale-TJ.

I love TJ. He's a great person. But he's a terrible match for me as a closer.

Jeff has grown a lot signing people in and closing. I've been getting him into the show and I've seen much improvement in his approach and delivery.

Hopefully, if he has to go back to Tommy, he'll look to me as I do to Scolly. The person who actually taught him something.

I love my fucking job. Especially, right now.

I should go back to bed.

Nix says: 84 per munst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home